A high degree of stress does not have a positive effect on the health and well-being of a horse and should therefore be avoided as much as possible. However, there are always situations that can be stressful for a horse. Think of transport, visits to farriers, competitions, etc. PrimeVal StressLess® Pheromone gel helps horses to deal with stressful situations without affecting the horse's performance. A very big advantage of this product is that the horse's reassuring pheromone has no doping effect and is not on the list of banned ingredients of the FEI. Therefore also very suitable for use in competitions.
- PrimeVal StressLess® Pheromones Gel helps horses cope with stressful situations without affecting performance.
- Based on an analogue of the body's own comforting pheromones. The pheromones provide an instinctive, soothing response, because it creates a safe and secure feeling.
- The horse's reassuring pheromone has no doping effect and is not on the FEI's list of banned ingredients.
- PrimeVal StressLess® Pheromones Gel helps in stressful situations to ensure the horse's well-being and thus promotes concentration and learning.
PrimeVal StressLess® Pheromones Gel is intended for horses of all ages that are exposed to new and stressful situations or activities. It can also be used on nervous or sensitive horses and during situations such as the following examples:
- Transport: loading and unloading the trailer, truck, train, plane
- Change of environment: stable, paddock or owner
- Work situations: breaking the saddle, learning, training, competitions
- Care: visit to the vet, farrier or shaving
- Sound and light: thunderstorms, gunshots, fireworks, motor vehicles, crowds, strobe lights
Iingredients and effect
PrimeVal StressLess® Pheromones Gel works on the principle of pheromones. Pheromones are the body's own signaling molecules that are widely used in animal communication. They are invisible, but recognizable to the horse. They are species-specific, which means that a horse only recognizes horse pheromones and not, for example, those of a cow, dog or cat. Pheromones are analyzed by Jacobson's organ. You can recognize this by the behavior of the horse. When a horse flees, the pheromones he/she picks up are transferred to Jacobson's organ.
A mare releases pheromones for a few days after the birth of the foal, to create a safe and soothing environment around her. This also promotes the bond with her foal. Adult horses also recognize these pheromones and give an instinctive, soothing response because it creates a safe and secure feeling.
PrimeVal StressLess® Pheromones Gel is preferably administered 30 minutes before the stressful situation. 1 sachet of 5ml works for 2-2.5 hours and can then be repeated if desired. The gel is simply applied to the base of the nostrils